Lots of use with Rustoleum Products

Submitted to Community Chat

I have been so busy with my Giveaway, my spare time has been limited. Have you ever been in a store and saw something and thought ‘I can do that’ . I saw something like this in a store a bit ago and had that very same thought! I had purchased a small wood square from Walmart a few days later, knowing….someday. Now it’s months later, and I thought I just have to try this. Rustoleum had sent me some Chalkboard Paint both in the black and the clear, that I haven’t used yet.

So with a couple of different styles of letter stencils ( also from Walmart) and some white chalk paint I came up with this cute Laundry sign. 

So if you see something in the store you like, and think, I can do that, take a picture of it so you can make it yourself. You would not believe how many ‘future craft pics” I have on my bulletin board.

I was at a home improvement store, and in the garden department, for some reason they had these Black lanterns on clearance I used Stop Rust, Copper Spray Paint, Navajo White Spray Paint...and it came out so elegant. Perfect for a wedding!

So tonight I’m sitting here, looking at the lantern, something was bothering me. It wasn’t pretty enough. So I thought of this sample book I have had for many years. All metallic s and foils. I picked one out, and cut two of them back-to-back and glued them together. I used the glass as a guide to make sure they were right. I then glued it to the outside of the back. If I put it in front, It wouldn’t show the arches. This is what it looks like now. Do you see the sparkle in the back? I know it’s not a great picture