Shut the front door! Or hide this ugly mess.

Submitted to Community Chat

This is my review of the product Rust-Oleum Wipe New ReColor!

I decided the best test was my front door. It is an UGLY hot mess. Not the best of color to begin with as it's dark gray, not my choice it came with the house. This front door also has scratches, it is faded and metal. I've never painted a metal door and did not relish the idea. So when the opportunity to try this product out came I was more than happy and willing to try it out.

The box comes with all need supplies, a few microfiber cloths, a microfiber sponge, a bottle of ReColor, gloves, and a pre-loaded wipe. For my purposes I opted for using the sponge. I started my preparation by just washing the door with soapy water and letting air dry. I then added roughly 3 tablespoons of product along the length of the sponge. The odor though noticeable was not unappealing to me, not overly chemical. Though I’m sure to sensitive person’s this might seem strong.

The process of applying this to my door took roughly 15 minutes. I simply did long strokes from top to bottom. Then when doing the insets I would just sponge around the rectangle and then swipe long strokes for the centers. I was really happy with how this came out. Even 4 hours afterwards when dry this vivid color was not faded at all.

I can’t wait for using this on more projects!