Small changes ~ Big impact!

Submitted to Community Chat

I have a very small master bathroom and it was in terrible need of some freshening up. Unfortunately I didn’t take any before pics, probably because subconsciously I was so embarrassed by how it looked lol. I started by scraping the popcorn ceilings which I’ll never do again lol, ugh such a mess but…I love the outcome so I guess it was worth it. Then I gave the walls a fresh clean coat of paint and that alone made a huge difference. We took down the huge cabinet that hung over the toilet and replaced it with two shelves and I replaced the big builder grade mirror with a smaller frames one. I used an old fence board and made some towel hooks and refreshed my container that sits on the back of the toilet. Most everything that was done was with using things that I already had so my costs were very minimal. I painted an old basket I had and use that to store extra tp. I love the results and it really makes the small bathroom look much bigger now.
I used my bottomless supply of Varathane Wood Stain in Dark Walnut on the towel racks that had been sanded smooth with my Gator sandpaper kit, and container behind the toilet, Oil Rubbed Bronze on the hooks and shelf brackets. Painters Touch 2X Stone Gray spray paint on the basket with the stripe in Testors craft paint in Coral.
This was something I’ve been wanting to do the entire 10 years we’ve lived here and am so happy to finally have it checked off of my list!