Thank you!!!! I can't believe we were the winner.

Submitted to Community Chat

Thank you all for the support and kind comments regarding the play kitchen we created. I always enjoy these challenges! I have crafted my entire life and I wouldn't be who I am if I didn't have an on going project or two laying around. I was looking in my camera roll on my phone today and found this photo. This piece started me on my next passion. I had heard about this chalk paint and wanted to try it.  One morning in June I found a plain sofa table at a yard sale for $5 so thought I would give it a try. I picked up the piece and headed to my local store to get some paint.  I came home with my first can of Rustoleum Charcoal Chalked paint and an idea. A few youtube videos later I was out in my garage. Less than 24 hours later I had painted my first piece of furniture and was hooked.  I believe in giving back you time or talents where you can so we donated the table to a local charity auction.  I couldn't help but smile when it sold at auction for $350.  It's hard to imagine that was 2 years ago this past June. A friend of mine sent me a link to last years Trash to Treasure sale and encouraged me to join the challenge.  I am very thankful she shared as I have learned so much over the past year. This is such a wonderful community full of very creative and talented people and I enjoy being part of it. 

Thank you,

RaLee