My Vintage Pathway

Submitted to Community Chat

I’m working on a Vintage Pathway down one side of my house. We live under some huge old trees next to a small Forrest. It’s really woodsy with moss in abundance for the fairy gardens. The sunlight comes into the path in the morning and at the arch opening of the path in the afternoon for 4 or 5 hours. It must be enough for those red geraniums. 

The idea is to border the path on one side with all those Hostas and the other side with flowering perennials. So as I gather the plants for that perennial side I have added a few small fairy gardens around the new perennials to add interest. The one picture has a fairy garden house that has the little mushroom and tree porch, I made the porch with polymer clay. This is its second season and it is holding up well.

The arch was in desperate need of a paint job when I got it. A lot of sanding was needed and it was painted with Rust-Oleum’s Stops Rust in white gloss. The sitting area pieces I did last year in black and yellow Rust-Oleum.

Although it might look a little empty now, I will post a picture at the end of summer. I think it will be filled up a lot by then.

The blue bike is set up this year in a new spot to contrast with the brick house and act as a pop of color to the rest. I added a coat of Universal Sea Mist in a pearl metallic, an awesome color!

So that’s the outside going’s on. I’ve got to switch gears now and do my “Cabinet Transformations”. Hope you like everything!!! :)