Patriotic Metal Floral Vessel

Submitted to Community Chat

I purchased this metal basket after Valentines Day a few years back at a craft store.  It was calling out to me to 'Up Cycle' please. With Memorial day coming and the 4th of July, what a great gift to give a special neighbor friend.To start fresh, I started by painting the whole thing inside and out with Rustoleum 2x white spray paint.When it was dry, I used Frog Tape to make the stripes. I put newspaper in back of the heart so the paint wouldn't get inside.
I then spray painted it with Rustoleum Red Paint. I love the Frog Tape...the stripes came out sooo good.  I cut a piece of cardboard, a bit bigger than the heart. I took Mod Podge, and applied to the cardboard piece. I then put some blue with stars material on top of the cardboard...let dry...then covered with the Mod Podge.
I then sprayed the whole thing with Rustoleum 2x Clear Coat.
I found some red, white, and blue beads at the dollar store. I took some wire and wrapped around the 3 different strands, leaving a tail of about 3 inches. I then proceeded to wrap around the wire hanger on top.
I finished the other the same way, wrapping the wire around the 3 strands, then onto the hanger leaving a 3 inch tail. I picked up some flowers at the dollar store, and there you go! perfect for your home or on your door!
With a little imagination, you can up cycle anything! (well almost)