Super cheap and fun cupcake stand!

Submitted to Community Chat

I'm in the midst of prepping for my niece's 1st birthday party and my sister decided on Dr. Seuess as the theme.  I wanted to make some fun cupcake stands but did not want to spend a lot of money.. so I did my favorite thing: hit up Dollar Tree. 

I am notorios for getting so excited about a project I fail to take a before and this was one of those times, so I will do my best to describe the items before.

I went to the party supply department and got a 6 pack of the plastic wine glasses.  These are the thin plastic and come in a package of 6.  I then also purchased the dessert plate pack of 8 that come as one - both only 1.00 each.

I then bought a vase that had a cool shape that looks a little funky since this is Dr Seuss and all.  I then went to the plate aisle and found a plate that had a neat shape, as well.

I came home and used the following spray paint:

I am a so in love with this shade now since using it here!

When spray painting, I inverted the plates so that only the BACK of the plates actually were spraypainted.  Since they were clear and/or glass, the color came through perfectly. 
I am not sure on the food safe status of the paint but prefer to keep the paint ONLY on the back and not touching a food space directly.  I am not worried about it as this is for cupcakes that will have the wrapper, but please keep that in mind when painting things. :)
I then glued the items together, a small plate on the wine glass and the large plate on the vase!

Total cost of the setup was 4.00 not counting the paint, which I don't since I still had a ton left and will be painting various other things with this great colors!!

***I also puchased two frames from the dollar tree and spray painted them as well.  They will display info on the snacks!***

PS Please ignore the mess all around it.  Creativity can be messy...at least that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it!! hahahah