It’s Time, Think Ahead!

Submitted to Community Chat

It’s time to go to the dollar stores and get the fall cut out placemats. These are great to use for stencils. The fall ones are out now so l grabbed them up. 

I went ahead and made this piece to tuck behind the cornstalks and the Indian corn next to the straw bales and pumpkins on my front porch. That way there still will be plenty of color out there for November.

First, I sprayed the board brown then I sprayed the frame Bronze and then on the board where the letters went I sprayed red. I put the Welcome Fall letters down first. Then, I spray painted the other stencils over them. Some of the stencils I placed over the edge to add interest. I made sure the letters were all the way covered in paint before I lifted them. I used Rust-Oleum warm gold metallic... just a little wherever the letters weren’t fully covered.

It was really fun out there with lots of cans of Rust-Oleum 2 X ULTRA COVER spray paints and my comfort grips. Doesn’t take but a matter of minutes to do. It will make a great focal point on my covered porch entry area. 

I will be glad to have this tucked away ready to go. By fall...I’ll be making the Christmas stuff.

I also used a great big bulletin board I got at the thrift store for $4.99. It’s 30” by 42”. I sealed it with the Rust-Oleum 2X ULTRA COVER clear coat sealer and protector after the project was all finished. 

Also on the back side I added a Halloween sign and I’ll just flip it around for fall.:)