Outdoor Dining Table Transformation

Submitted to Community Chat

Even though it's been so rainy here on the east coast, I look forward to every time we will be able to use our new outdoor dining table this summer! I originally came upon this 6 seat outdoor dining table at a thrift store for $65. It's tough to see in the pictures but the granite is heavily stained and the paint was peeling in several places.

My husband and I were excited to stretch our woodworking skills by building a top to cover the old granite. I LOVE how the Varathane Sunbleached looks on the top, and that it was a one-coat application. I also applied several coats of Varathane Exterior SparUrethane to protect it.  If interested, I made the plans for building the top in this post on my blog: Craving Some Creativity

We also painted the chairs and rest of the table frame with Rustoleum Stops RustProtective Enamel in Semi-gloss Black. I think the contrast with the top turned out so elegant. I have more pictures of that process as well in this post. It's amazing the difference that paint makes! Good prep work and quality products like Rustoleum has will ensure that it will be resilient against the elements.

We are hoping to restain the deck and build a pergola this summer to go over the table. This will be the perfect summer hangout and entertaining spot!