DYI Mask making- alternative ideas for the metal nose piece

Submitted to Community Chat

With mask making materials being hard to find, creative alternatives can be necessary.
The wire placed in the seam channel edge at the nose =makes the custom contour to seal air out in a tented fashion __^__

Another DIY face mask option for the metal nose piece at the top of the PPE- DYI mask might be consideration of these types of wires:

1-There are $0.99 looped colored #18 gauge wires in the jewelry supply department of Walmart. The wire is soft and flexible. I chose to loop over the cut ends to be a closed flattened circle, furthermore the loop could be sealed up with a hot glue gun dot if desired.

2-Earlier today I found green rubberized wire in the garden section at Dollar Tree. It is nicely padded I detect no odors or fumes from the wire. I am going to try it in some masks this week.I think it might work out nicely. This rubberized wire (or elastic) likely should not be used if a latex allergy is suspected even though it is in a sealed covered cloth channel.

3- I have seen other youtube fabricators use the wired tops removed from coffee bags. 

4-also pipe cleaners. I am not sure I am personally happy with pipe cleaners, in the past I have had the wire+chenille rust, they are used in my kitchen to clean out the metal cruet topper of my dishwashing soap bottle top.  

It might suggested in cases of wire use -to remove wires from the sewn cased channel before each washing as not to rust, puncture your mask or damage anything washed with it.
Careful hand washing or soaking might be attempted.

Edit 4/21/20
5-Well during our mulching session while placing some landscape fabric down I ran out of premade landscaping anchors ( Actually I usually use floral pins to be thrifty.) I decided to take my own wire make my own wire anchor pins. I found a spool of #17 g aluminum wire that’s actually used for electric animal fencing ( from the thrift store.)  It could be an alternative to make the nose piece for the face masks too. Being aluminum it will not rust and it’s even labeled that way and its made in the USA. Another alternative to look for perhaps in your garage =  aluminum wire. Photo attached.