Rust oleum Rust Dissolver is Funtastic!!

Submitted to Community Chat

I just recieved the Rust Dissolver today, and I couldn't be more thrilled about a product! It works! Remember the two white chairs I had shared on the 'Community Cafe?' The backs, seats, arms, and feet were covered with Rust, as you can see in the pics below. 

I didn't see any advise, or information on whether or not the product was safe while using over a  concrete floor, and if not,  could I use the painters plastic sheeting underneath the chairs. So I decided to test on the concrete and plastic sheeting....you can do either. Loved that it doesn't harm your concrete.

I started on the chairs first. The nozzle doesn't have that fine, mist spray, like you find on other sprayers. It shoots out a direct strong spray. So It was hard to get the product onto all the rust on the back and seat, because of the open pattern. I was wasting a lot of product trying to shoot it downward, or sideways, so I just took a wire brush and sprayed it with the product, then applied to the back and seat of chair. I let it sit for 15 minutes, almost all gone! I reapplied once more...that did the trick...rust all gone. On the rest of the chair I did the direct spray. You instantly see the rust dissolve. At this point I am so pleased. I rinsed the chairs with the hose, and let dry.

Since I was on a roll, I decided to tackle some of my garden tools. I sprayed the front and backs of 2 shovels and 2 clippers. Well, you can see the results...amazing stuff! The straight edged shovel had to be sprayed again as you can see in the pics, it didn't come out so easily. It was so thick and crusty rust. If you have a really crusty tool or some other item as bad as this...you need to take a wire brush to it first. It tried it on some rust on the concrete floor...worked just a tiny bit

I am so excited about this product! Now when I go to garage sales, if I see something really rusty, I won't ignore it, I will pick it up knowing I can clean it up so nicely and easily. I think that is what I like most about it...no hard scrubbing...trying to remove the rust!

Check out the before and after photos!!

Thank You, Linda