How to? Faux mercury glass look with necessary exterior application - updated 12/01 new photos x 3

Submitted to Community Chat

Hello. Has anyone done a faux mercury glass -aged mirrored looking glass effect doing an exterior application on a surface?

Backwards….. I know.
Looking to replicate this garland no longer available on Amazon.

I thrifted a dozen cute little non-breakable shatterproof ornaments and removed most of the bright surface dipped colors now have the interior silver color remaining.
I am unable to do any interior application with these ornaments as the top hanging hole/perforation is very small -only a few mm.
I intend to spray the top caps with oil rubbed bronze and add a jewelry finding ring for the hanging display.

Now trying to figure out if an EXTERIOR spray paint application or an EXTERIOR paint on acrylic application could get these textured ornaments to assume that imperfect clouded vintagey look.

I have several of the the Rustoleum 2X metallics, primer gray and a Testor metallics spray and mini glass jar and assorted metallic acrylics for available options. I also do have the pearl and frosted sprays in my stash available as well.
Thinking of a layered paint application with a high gloss sealer to make it look like an inside application.

Wished I bought a few extra ornaments to experiment with.
Wasn’t thinking ahead…..Any suggestions or ideas?

Update 11/9

New discovery

Whelp those thrifted ornaments above are likely originally from Dollar Tree or Family Dollar.

Similar ornaments are seen at Dollar Tree and Family Dollar today.
More were purchased which will give more opportunities—room for experimentation and some trial and error paint application without hesitation or worry.
One disappointing surprise was Dollar Tree has increased the prices of all items to $1.25.
But still this is is more economic than the previous thrifted price of $.25 each.