Grandson's Halloween costume!

Submitted to Community Chat

OMG, this has been the hardest Halloween for me in years! I don't know if I had mentioned it on here before, but my 4 year old grandson is autistic. We don't know exactly where on the spectrum yet, because he isn't really old enough to tell for sure. It's pretty high though.

His mother bought him the hallowwen costume he picked out, but he can't stand the texture of the material that they make the costumes out of now. He couldn't stand wearing it. I found this out yesterday morning. This is what I came up with in such short notice. I started yesterday at 10am, finished by 8 a.m this morhing, slept for a few hours, and delivered it at 4 p.m. 2 hours away from me.

I debated on posting it, because I think it looks awful. I just can't do run and gun anymore. It's way below my standards. I usually get a lot more time to do stuff like this, but under the circumstances, I think that smiling little face makes it worthwhile and is the only reason I'm posting it. We don't get smiles very often, so I will take any I can get.