Die cut fairy magic

Submitted to Community Chat

Seeing the amazing entries for the current challenge inspired me to get creative. It looks like the overarching terms would eliminate me from entering but I still wanted to play along. My first die cut machine was a Wishblade about 16 years ago. Years later we updated our home computer when Windows XP was no longer supported and I switched over to a Silhouette. A die cutting system is one of my most used tools. It’s uses are endless and I would be lost without my machine. So many fond memories have been made because I have this incredible tool. Creating with friends, making canvas art with my godchild, watching my nieces face light up as she is showing off her project we created together. My daughter grew up finding small pieces of vinyl stuck in odd places. Now she herself is very skilled with the Silhouette. 

For this project I spray painted the jar with the frosted spray paint and the lid with the metallic copper spray paint. I used my die cutter to create the image and then cut it out of card stock. I used spray adhesive to glue the cut out image to the inside of the jar. I then filled the jar with fairy lights on a timer, two kinds of moss and small sprigs of artificial greenery. I tied some of the artificial greenery to the top with jute. 

Good luck to all the challenge entrants! I am enjoying seeing others love their machines as much as I do.