Success / Accomplishment / Appreciation - Military Veterans

Submitted to Community Chat

Guys and Gals,

I have worked with wood and metal all my life. An inherited love from my Father, also a Diabled U.S. Military Veteran.

With many issues facing the Active Duty and Veteran there are several elements most want - success, accomplishment, and appreciation. I have a workshop, finally, after twenty years of moving every 22 months, which makes me happy. Until I got rear-ended by someone using their smartphone, now working on recovery, I often had Vets and Activity Duty Military in my workshop working with wood. Some of our projects have been toy cars for the Childrens' Hospital, featured here, are always fun. Another projects included a Lazy Susan Tray for a Special Daughter, a Lolly Pop Tree for a Sunday School Class, and a serving tray because that is what he wanted.

Most are made out of "free wood" recovered from pallets and shipping crates so they are "repurposed" and often give you nail holes or compression damage simply adding character. It does take time to disassemble and plane / joint the wood but it is worth it.

If you want to see happiness, look at one Vet helping another and the other Vet accomplishing something that someone else will appreciate.

Success, accomplishment, and appreciation are great medicines for many issues.

Thanks,

Rex

Lieutenant Commander, U.S. Navy, Retired, Naval Aviator