RV won't happen. Feeling sick about it.

Submitted to Community Chat

Spent the last 3 days pulling the interior of the RV out, and it's mostly looking like a box truck inside. Drove it around my neighborhood this morning, and above 15 miles an hour, I got a really bad shuddering vibration.

One of my neighbors is a retired semi mechanic, and he came down after seeing it go by his house this morning. He looked underneath with me, and one of the driveshaft cradles is badly damaged. The parts aren't available anymore. It would cost a major amount of money to piece together a drivetrain to replace everything. Not willing to do that much work. Basically everything between the back tires and the transmission would have to be replaced with newer parts and it would take more fabrication than I can do.

It's really not a big deal money wise, because honestly it's worth more scrapped out at this point than it is because I've done nothing to it.

The part that makes me sick to my stomach is that I spent 3 years checking Craigslist 3 times a week to it and I'm not looking forward to doing that again. I guess I'm going to have to though.