Mirror, Mirror....

Submitted to Community Chat

So I have two daughters that are teenagers... yes, hormones can be an issue at times!  The oldest one has had a very cheap floor mirror for a couple of years, she is fine with it, I think she likes things simple.  But the younger one now wants one and she picked out one from Pier 1 that just about made me have a heart attack.  Almost $700.  While it was beautiful, I can't quite afford that price tag.. so I happened to be at a garage sale that my husband sent me to... yes, he sends me to these places and the woman had this old mirror inside.  She invited me in to look at it (I should say that normally I wouldn't enter some random person's home however, she works with my husband, so I felt perfectly safe).  Amazingly enough she only wanted $40 for it, I looked it over and sort of stewed about it for a few minutes and then started negotiating. I walked away with it for $25.  I knew my husband had some red spray paint (Rustoleum Barn Red) left over from a previous project and I also knew it was going on that mirror!  It turned out awesome and my little one loves it in her room!