Time For A Change

Submitted to Community Chat

I'm so over the galvanized metal look in my home.  Every time I saw the olive bucket hanging lamps in my kitchen I kept telling myself I had to either get something new or revamp what I had.  Revamping was the answer!  A little back story on the buckets.  I found the olive buckets online, then had my husband drill a hole in the bottoms of them so a hanging light fixture could go inside each of them.  4-1/2 years later and time for the redo!

I used Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch 2X Ultracover Paint+Primer Satin in Ink Blue, and Rust-Oleum Bright Coat Metallic Finish in Bright Coat Copper. I sprayed 3 coats of the copper on the interior and handles of the buckets.  Gave it a good 24 hours of drying time before I taped off all the interior holes and the handles, then sprayed 2 coats of the blue on the exterior of the buckets.  Let that dry for 24 hours, removed the tape, made a few touch-ups here and there, and hung them up.

I think they're a nice change from the old galvanized look, and give a fun splash of color in my kitchen!