Glass Carving/Etching Painting
I do glass carving/etching (Done with a sand blaster). But I also know this can be done some other ways. Like with diamond burr bits, acid paste, and carbide/diamond tipped etching pencils. They all have their own techniques, textures and applications.
As you can see from my pictures I am not a photographer because of the glare and shading. But I am working on it.
What I would like to focus on, is the painting or detailing of the glass project(s).
The way that I apply mine:
1. While the vinyl mask is still applied to the glass surface after sand blasting the image I want. I lightly blow off any leftover sand and dust.
2. Then lightly wipe down the surfaces with a damp lint free cloth and allow to dry.
3. Mask of any area that I don’t want painted this color with blue painters tape.
4. I then apply multiple coats of Rust-Oleum Metallic or Specialty Paint for Plastic. Let it dry to touch.
5. Re-mask with the blue painters tape if doing another color and repeat steps 3 and 4, or skip to next step.
6. After all painting is done and tacky dry to dry, carefully peal of your vinyl mask off and then let it completely dry for about 8 to 12 hours.
This was the steps and products I used in my projects. If you have any other procedure, suggestions, or Rust-Oleum products that you have used, please let me know.