Froggies Strumming Bass

Submitted to Community Chat

Sometimes I get a idea in my head...and it keeps building as I go. This project is just that. It started with my two froggies that looked really bad.   I started by cleaning them up and scraping off the rust, then sealing with 'Rustoleum Stop Rust 'here . Now I dont have to worry about rust again. Then I painted them with Rustoleum 2x Green Apple Spray Paint. I decided to use glass fillers you can buy at a dollar store. To give the gems (ones from Dollar Tree a crystallized look, I baked them on a cookie sheet at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. This is the same as we used to do with marbles…way back when. Bet some of you remember! You can see in the pic how they crystalized. After 20 minutes, I carefully, (the gems and pan are very hot) let them drop into a bowl of ice water I had ready for them, and you can put the sheet on top of bowl with ice…just to be safe.

I first started out by painting their bodies with a green spray paint from Rustoleum 2x. Great for outside, doesn’t lose its color. I used the darker round blue for the males guitar. I used the flat green gems for their bodies.I painted the girls tongue yellow….Put in the turquoise fillers for their eyes. I used the round gems for their guitars.

They looked great but.....A couple of days later, I was sitting outside sipping my coffee, looking at the froggies. They look so alone out there by themselves…now my brain is in overdrive….they deserve moreDon’t you just love those colors! Rustoleum 2x Green Apple,  Ocean Mist , Aqua and Wildflower Blue. I was planning to make it a herb planter, but I can always find another. Then a idea struck! since the frogs were ready, I could make this a neat backdrop for them. Then I thought of making it a billboard with their stage names on it. I made the letters with the glass gems from the Dollar Store.

I remember seeing a sign in the dog section at a store, that I loved. It said’ Sandy Paws and Salty Kisses’. It reminds me of the beach and my doggies…so that’s their names. LOL Next week I am having a pool put in. I want the frogs by one area of the pool…this will look so cute by it, and warms up a corner. I decided to put it up temporary to see how it looked. I had added a net, shells, pearls, starfish and seahorses

I gathered the blue plastic tarp I had purchased at the Dollar Store. I racked away all the small stones in the area, and cut the bluetarp into a kind of oval shape, kinda. I added some gems to the pond. Along the side of the pond I put some planters, the Frog King statue, and the little frog prince. lots of fans!!! Even Mr. Turtle showed up!