Get It Done Challenge
Get It Done Challenge
The winners have been chosen! Thank you for participating and showing how sometimes it just takes a little help from our friends to get things done!Read More
Here's a quick recap of the rules:
- Share before and after photos (and photos along the way are great too!)
- Use at least one Rust-Oleum product
- Submit your finished project by June 20th!
This Challenge is designed to help you finish off those nagging projects that are hanging around! Maybe it's something you've already started and just can't motivate yourself to finish... or maybe you've been meaning to get started but haven't had the energy to take that first step. Let this be your motivation to GET IT DONE!
To participate in the challenge, you’ll need to complete an unfinished project that's been stalled for whatever reason and that you want to get done once and for all! Be sure to take before photos of your project in it's unfinished state and share the steps that result in completion.
Once the submission phase closes, our team of Rust-Oleum experts will review the entries, and then the community will be in charge of casting votes to crown the winners! Our experts will judge projects on the amount of work needed to complete the project and the overall finished project after completion.
Given that the projects for this Challenge will likely vary significantly from one another, we thought it would be helpful to have submission categories. A winner will be selected in each:
- Renovate / (re)build
- Repurpose / reinvent
- Rejuvenate / restore
Winners of each category above will receive a $200 gift card to Home Depot, Lowe's, or Amazon.
Plus, anyone who casts a vote during our voting phase will be entered to win a $25 gift card to the home improvement center of their choice.
- Your project must be completed between May 6th and June 20th, 2022. Projects completed before this date are not eligible.
- You must use at least one Rust-Oleum product in the completion of your project.
- Complete the Challenge submission form before 5:00 PM CST on June 20th, which requires you to:
- Include ‘before’ and ‘after’ photos of your project
- List the Rust-Oleum products you used
- Enter your submission in the appropriate category
- Choose Renovate / (re)build if you've made over a space or built something from scratch
- Choose Repurpose / reinvent if you've taken something and upcycled it into something even better
- Choose Rejuvenate / restore if you've refreshed a piece that was in need of some TLC and is now good as new
- This Challenge operates under the overarching terms and conditions that apply to all Creator's Studio Challenges.
Once all of the submissions are collected, our Expert Reviewers will have a chance to evaluate the projects to create a shortlist, ensuring all rules have been followed and select our favorites. We'll then pass the final vote to the Creator's Studio to crown the ultimate champions.
Looking for inspiration? Check out these cool projects for ideas to get you started:
Renovate / (re)build:
- SueH's Zoom/Console Table
- CreativelyLiving's Kitchen Makeover
- robinwood's Cat House
- Bstellberg's Vintage Trailer
- Shellydel's RV Transformation
Repurpose / reinvent:
- RefurnishCT's Man Cave Bar Cart
- Vimarhonor's Trifted Skis Into Chair
- SchreiberWI's Planter with Refreshment Cooler
- whitfordj's Hubcaps Into Art - part 1 & part 2
- Ontheflydiy's Geometric Plant Hanger
Rejuvenate / restore:
- Chunky Mermaid's Dresser Upgrade
- hale5torm08's Farmhouse Table
- Sidhaynes' TV Stand to Eclectic Beauty
- Bastler's Dresser Upgrade
- Taradeliberto's Pub Table Dream Come True
Here are the answers to some common questions that seem to be common during our Challenges. If you have a question that is not on this list, please send Lisa L a PM or send an email to CreatorsStudioSupport@Chaordix.com
What’s the deal with the categories? We strive to create challenges that are fun and fair, so categories are important to us. If you’re not sure which category to submit your project to, send us a note and we can help you figure it out! We may also move submissions from one category to another if we feel it fits better.
What's the deadline again? There’s nothing like a deadline for motivation, and we recommend that you pay close attention to the deadline of June 20th at 5:00 pm CST to get your project submitted. If you click the 'submit' button even a minute after this, you will be unable to submit, no matter what you do. In the interest of fairness to everyone who submits on time, we can’t extend the deadline for submissions to this challenge beyond this date/time. So we recommend that you leave yourself plenty of time to submit your project in case you need any technical support from our team.
I'm having trouble submitting my project. Please, help! Please don't hesitate to contact our moderator, Lisa L via PM or via our support email address if you need any help. You might also consider working on your submission text in a document until it’s just the way you want it and then copy and paste it into the submission form in Creator’s Studio. (We’ve had a few people whose wifi has cut out or their device crashed mid-submission and they’ve lost all their work and unfortunately, we can’t help with anything that’s not saved as a draft.)
How can I make sure that my project advances to the Crowd Vote phase of the challenge? When our panel of Expert Reviewers creates a shortlist of submissions, we are looking for things like:
- How well you executed your project
- Did you meet all of the criteria / follow the rules?
- Your use of Rust-Oleum products (for example, a project that uses a lot of clear spray paint in a finishing coat is an awesome and totally valid use for our products, but it often doesn’t show as well as other products)
- How much time and effort went into your project
- How unique and creative your project is
- Since we rely heavily on your photos and video to show us what you actually did, the quality of submitted visuals is very important to us. So we recommend that you showcase your project in optimal lighting, with a background that makes the piece pop. Need help with this? Check out this 'How to' blog for tips & tricks!
Sometimes good projects don't get shortlisted for the voting phase because we just can't pick them all! But often projects don't get selected because the provided information wasn't as detailed as it could have been, there weren't very many good visuals of the project, because the amount of Rust-Oleum products used was minimal, or sometimes we just have to narrow it down and we don't want to have 10 different versions of the same type of project in the final shortlist. We know we say it all the time, but it really is difficult to eliminate projects before the voting phase!
Who can vote for my project during the Crowd Vote phase? Anyone who is a Creator's Studio member can vote for your project. It is ok to encourage your friends and family online or in person to vote for you. However, it is not okay to spend an evening at your computer creating multiple fake accounts to vote for yourself (trust us, we know when this is happening and you will be disqualified when you are caught). We also prefer that you don't solicit other Creator's Studio members for votes.