Table to match our "castle themed" gameroom

Submitted to Community Chat

We are reworking our gameroom to be more of a castle theme.

I will post pics of that soon.

After getting rid of many of the larger desks for the smaller ones, we didn't have a whole lot of leftover surface areas.

I realized that was a real problem when my son and his friend were trying to balance connect four on the couch.

I was then on a search for a small side table we could use to play games on. 

Shortly thereafter, a friend posted a table for a steal of 40.00 and I was lucky enough she let me come buy it!

I loved the look and shape and really saw it would fit perfectly in our room with all the intricut patterns!

I first spray painted the entire table with Rust-Oleum spray paint in glossy black.  I used two coats so that it had a good solid black color.

I then used some gold wax metallic finish. It's a product called metallic lustre. I put it on the pattern around the edges and the trim on the sides. 

I then used my Silhouette to cut out two dragons in gold vinyl and one medallion shape in gold vinyl and stuck those on.

To make it easy to move around the room, I added some castors (the ones that look older).

I am very happy with how it turned out and it has already been used in several games of poker. :)