Beautified Baubles Challenge
Beautified Baubles Challenge
The winners have been chosen! Thank you for participating and beautifying the community for the holidays.Read More
Here's a quick recap of the rules:
- Share a before and after photo
- Use at least one Rust-Oleum Craft and Hobby product (Testors, or Imagine, or similar)
- Include one of the following: a light, greenery, a reindeer or a bow
- Submit your masterpiece by December 6!
From November 1 - December 6, we want you to repurpose/recycle/update (beautify!) a holiday-themed item using Rust-Oleum Craft and Hobby products. Not sure what falls under the Rust-Oleum Craft and Hobby umbrella? Check out this list here.
Your finished item can be for Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa or Festivus (or other November - December holiday) and you must use at least one Rust-Oleum Craft and Hobby product in your makeover. We figure since the weather at this time of year isn't always conducive to spray painting outdoors, now is a great time to show off the versatility of our craft & hobby line like Testors and Imagine Craft a& Hobby products - they're perfect for smaller indoor projects.
Also, to make it more exciting, your finished project must include at least one of the following:
- A light 💡
- Greenery 🌿
- A reindeer 🦌
- A bow 🎀
Are your wheels turning? We sure hope so!
To participate in the challenge, you’ll need to use your DIY skills and a Rust-Oleum Craft and Hobby product to give your item an updated look or function. Be sure to take before photos of your item and share the steps of your transformation. If you find an item you want to update but don’t know what to do with it, feel free to post a ‘before’ photo in our Discussion Forums. Ask the community for help, ideas, and tips for beautifying your item, and then come back to complete your submission before the deadline.
Once the submission phase closes, our team of Rust-Oleum experts will review the entries, and then the community will be in charge of casting votes to crown the winners! Our experts will judge projects on meeting all criteria, overall creativity, use of Rust-Oleum products, and most dramatic transformation.
Winners of this challenge will be spending their new year deciding which materials/products to buy for their 2022 DIY projects
- First Place: $250 gift card to a home improvement center of their choice (Home Depot, Lowe's, or Menards).
- Second Place: $150 gift card to a home improvement center of their choice (Home Depot, Lowe's, or Menards).
- Third Place: $100 gift card to a home improvement center of their choice (Home Depot, Lowe's, or Menards).
Plus, anyone who casts a vote during our voting phase will be entered to win a $50 gift card to the home improvement center of their choice.
- Your item must be beautified between November 1 and December 6, 2021. Projects completed before this date are not eligible.
- You must use at least one Rust-Oleum Craft & Hobby product in your project.
- Incorporate at least one of the following in your project: a light, greenery, a reindeer or a bow
- Complete the Challenge submission form before 5:00 PM CST on December 6th, which requires you to:
- Include ‘before’ and ‘after’ photos of your project
- List the Rust-Oleum Craft & Hobby products you used
- This Challenge operates under the overarching terms and conditions that apply to all Creator's Studio Challenges.
Once all of the submissions are collected, our Expert Reviewers will have a chance to evaluate the projects to create a shortlist, ensuring all rules have been followed and select our favorites. We'll then pass the final vote to the Creator's Studio to crown the ultimate champions.
Here are the answers to some common questions that seem to be common during our Challenges. If you have a question that is not on this list, please send Lisa L a PM or send an email to CreatorsStudioSupport@Chaordix.com
What's the deadline again? There’s nothing like a deadline for motivation, and we recommend that you pay close attention to the deadline of December 6 at 5:00 pm CST to get your project submitted. If you click the 'submit' button even a minute after this, you will be unable to submit, no matter what you do. In the interest of fairness to everyone who submits on time, we can’t extend the deadline for submissions to this challenge beyond this date/time. So we recommend that you leave yourself plenty of time to submit your project in case you need any technical support from our team.
I'm having trouble submitting my project. Please, help! Please don't hesitate to contact our moderator, Lisa L via PM or via our support email address if you need any help. You might also consider working on your submission text in a document until it’s just the way you want it and then copy and paste it into the submission form in Creator’s Studio. (We’ve had a few people whose wifi has cut out or their device crashed mid-submission and they’ve lost all their work and unfortunately, we can’t help with anything that’s not saved as a draft.)
How can I make sure that my project advances to the Crowd Vote phase of the challenge? When our panel of Expert Reviewers creates a shortlist of submissions, we are looking for things like:
- How well you executed your project
- Did you meet all of the criteria / follow the rules?
- Your use of Rust-Oleum products (for example, a project that uses a lot of clear spray paint in a finishing coat is an awesome and totally valid use for our products, but it often doesn’t show as well as other products)
- How much time and effort went into your project
- How unique and creative your project is
- Since we rely heavily on your photos and video to show us what you actually did, the quality of submitted visuals is very important to us. So we recommend that you showcase your project in optimal lighting, with a background that makes the piece pop.
Sometimes good projects don't get shortlisted for the voting phase because we just can't pick them all! But often projects don't get selected because the provided information wasn't as detailed as it could have been, there weren't very many good visuals of the project, because the amount of Rust-Oleum products used was minimal, or sometimes we just have to narrow it down and we don't want to have 10 different versions of the same type of project in the final shortlist. We know we say it all the time, but it really is difficult to eliminate projects before the voting phase!
Who can vote for my project during the Crowd Vote phase? Anyone who is a Creator's Studio member can vote for your project. It is ok to encourage your friends and family online or in person to vote for you. However, it is not okay to spend an evening at your computer creating multiple fake accounts to vote for yourself (trust us, we know when this is happening and you will be disqualified when you are caught). We also prefer that you don't solicit other Creator's Studio members for votes.