Mystery Kit Challenge
Mystery Kit Challenge
Your community has spoken, and the winners have been selected. Take a look at their awesome projects below. Those who voted for one of the two winning projects were also entered into a random draw... congratulations to tgenow who is our $250 gift card winner!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Mystery Kit Challenge!Read More
Welcome to the Mystery Kit Challenge
For this challenge, a team of masterminds at Rust-Oleum put together a project kit including some of their favorite products and materials. We had 25 brave members sign up to receive a kit and put their DIY skills and creativity to the test. But there’s a catch… participants didn’t know what they would be creating until the kit arrived at their door!
It’s finally time to reveal that the Mystery Kit is - cue drum roll…. a Planter Kit! The kit includes:
- Wood grain enhancer
- Wood stain
- Burlap ribbon
- Alphabet stencil
- Vintage style wood tags
- Steel brush
- Foam brush
This is a user-friendly project for all levels of experience. If you aren’t one of our 25 participants, we’d still like to encourage you to make a similar project yourself and post in the Community Café. Plus, if you support a winning idea in this challenge you’ll have the chance to win too (check out the Prizes section below).
Challenge Participants: Once you receive your kit, you must create the project using the supplies and instructions inside. Of course, feel free to add your own creative flair by using other Rust-Oleum products and materials you have at home.
There will be prizes awarded in 2 categories: Best Member Project and Best Blogger Project. Creator’s Studio members will choose the winners: the projects with the highest number of supports will win! Each winner will receive a $500 gift card to a home improvement store of their choice. And new for this challenge, the supporters of the winning projects will be entered in a draw for a $250 gift card, so don’t forget to support the projects you love most!
Rules: (Updated March 9th)
- Only one entry per person.
- Must use the planter box, wood stain and the wood grain enhancer (accessory items are optional).
- Must include at least 4 photos of the project, including in-progress, completed and one that includes the Rust-Oleum products used.
- Must follow the directions included in the kit for best product results.
- Must list any additional Rust-Oleum products used (not provided in the kit), including brand names and colors.
- Winners of the Merry Little DIY challenge are not eligible to enter this challenge, but are welcome to participate by supporting, commenting and liking other projects.
Note: Rules were updated on March 9, 2018 to reflect the change in requirements regarding the number of items that needed to be used which was communicated to challenge participants on Feb 8, 2018.