Spring Cleaning? Sort of!

Submitted to Community Chat

I was cleaning our condo at the Lake of Ozarks in Mid-MO, and decided I needed a writing/working desk instead of a reading chair in that corner so I would work there when needed.   The decor vibe is Industrial / Eclectic / Vintage.  I went on the hunt (Craigslist and my own basement) and within a couple days found a fabulous enamel top table from the 40's (?) and a Vinyl/chrome chair from the 70's (it's marked on the bottom).  I also had a condiment server from the 60's that I wanted to incorporate some how.   Sooo,  with a little paint (Rustoleum Painter's Touch) for the apron of the table (which was chipping terribly) & the pillar of the condiment server; steel wool and aluminum foil for the chrome,  my husband and I went to work to restore this collection to become my work space.  The steel wool knocked down the rust on the chrome and polishing it with the shiny side of aluminum foil was an efficient/effective solution.  We used hot soapy water to clean up the vinyl.   I love it....It's the perfect size and allows me a view of the lake when working at the "desk"