Striking Gold at Bloomingdale's

Submitted to Community Chat

My fiancé's endless pursuit to make everything in the world gold or pink (or rose gold if you combine the two) brings us to Bloomingdale's.

The Bloomingdale's at the mall near us was closing and everything was heavily discounted. She asked me one night if I could go with her because she "needed my assistance." She's never had a problem opening my wallet before, so I was trying to figure out what could she possible need my help with.

We walked into the store and it was a madhouse. Almost all of the clothes were gone and the overpriced fine china was still overpriced at 60% off. We walked around a bit before she made a b-line to the clothing racks storage area....or what I thought was storage anyway. The store was selling everything, including fixtures, shelving and racks. We ended up buying a heavy but sturdy clothing rack for $10. At this point, I stop asking questions and just go with the flow.

After bringing the rack home, I go to town on it with Krud Kutter to get the grime and grease off and to prep it for paint. Because the metal is highly-polished, I started with a spray coat of bonding primer just to be safe. Then I did 2 light layers of gold spray paint.

In my opinion, it's a space hog. In her opinion, it's a beautiful corner rack for purses, bags, hats and endless other clothing I'm not aware of. Super simple and cost effective project.