New Family Addition

Submitted to Community Chat

Meet Mr. Wookiee Keith Carlson. I adopted him from the Fulton County Animal Shelter May 4, 2024. I first spotted him on the shelter's website and drove 25 miles to meet him. Mind you, the picture they posted of him looked like the first two pictures I posted . However, when I got there, they brought out this mass of hair called Wookiee. I was saddened at how different he looked from the photo the shelter posted, but nevertheless I spent about 30 mintues with him and fell in love with him. He has the sweetest spirit, and so desperately needed love and attention that I decided to go ahead and apply for his adoption. I snapped a picture of him and sent it to my son and he replied "Mom, are you sure??". I assured him I indeed was sure. I thought of my beloved Joshua, and realized I was again ready to open my heart and home to another furbaby. So 3 days later, after the shelter neutered him and gave him his rabies shot I went to go get him and to my surprise, they also shaved all of the matted hair off and he is as beautiful as I knew he was. He has seamlessly acclimated into my family and shows me so much love! My grandson is beyond thrilled to finally have a dog and Wookiee makes my heart sing!