Inspired BH&G wreath project with twist using faulty spray paint
Submitted to Community Café
Building twig wreath inspired by BH&G post.
Gave the random different species twigs some universal color coverage with London gray, almond and gray spray paint.
Looking into my spray paint drawer to see what else I might apply I found some faulty > 5 yo rust metal primer that was pretty useless so I decided to try it out as an accent on the layered twigs. Old paint not dispensing properly despite nozzle switching.
The rusty metal paint color looks similar to dried blood.
The splotchy paint application did an interesting accent to monotoned twigs.
Pretty sure this same effect might be achieved with thinned acrylic splatter too....perhaps applied outdoors.
Now onto building up the creepy 3D accessories to be layered on the wreath and cleaning up shape.