Colorful Gazing balls

Submitted to Community Chat

I received so many requests on my website from people who saw the original ping pong balls and wanted to know how they looked painted. So, I decided to do it again...in color!  I found ping pong balls at the dollar store. I purchased the thinnest dowels they had at Walmart. I remember reading that they drilled into the balls. Well these ping pong balls are a more thicker, and It didn't seem necessary to go through all that. I took a skewer.... I had some left over from my mirror creation. With the sharp end I poked through the ball....It worked....(and if you ding the ball just use the skewer or the dowel and poke from inside to straighten out the ding.)

Next I put all the balls on!I then proceeded to paint the balls and stakes. Tip: Be sure you have the balls positioned where you want them before painting, otherwise if re position them, you will have to paint the area where the ball was

And now you paint the balls in any color you want. I used the yellow, agua, wildflower blue and apple green. I also painted one of them with neon pink patio paint. When the Paint has dried, I sprayed them with 2 coats of Rust oleum Clear Coat. That will help protect them in the elements. I put them in a potted plant outside by the front door. It gives the area so much color. When the wind blows...they move, so awesome!