starting them young!

Submitted to Community Chat

I have to say, even though my hand feels like it's going to fall off, and I can't sleep more than 3 hours at a stretch, this surgery has been good for my grandson and I.

He has been such a help to me. He has also taken my mind off of the pain a lot too.

He has learned so much, and he is so eager to do it. So far I have taught him how to solder, how to use a scroll saw, how to replace the flapper in a toilet tank, how to replace an air filter on a car, and so much more. He's only 10, but he is more level headed than most of the people I used to work with.

He also actually cares about people. He doesn't sit staring at a TV or computer screen all day, and has no want to.

He wants to be either a comic book artist or design video game art when he grows up.

This little guy just makes my life a lot better every time he comes around. I can't wait to teach him more, and I have a feeling he will teach me a few things too.

He already knows to look for Rust-Oleum paint. He learned that cheap paint runs too easily and looks pretty bad no matter what you do. Lol

We are going to start working on his new bedroom furniture as soon as my hand works properly again, so be expecting some pretty far-out designs, because I also taught him how to use SketchUp. Lol