Front door and porch transformation at the flip house

Submitted to Community Chat

Today I wanted to share with you some of the details on the new door and front porch at the flip house. I shared the details of my new, red front door on the blog recently. 

I used Modern Masters® Front Door Paint in the Sophisticated color.

For the hardware, I chose the Schlage Connect™ with handleset and accent lever.

If I ever move, the first thing I’m installing at my new home is one of these handlesets. Along with the Schlage hardware, I installed a 1950s knocker to the door for more “bling” and to add a special feature true to the period of the home. I purchased the vintage piece on eBay for $11.

I gave it a coat of Rust-Oleum® flat black primer, then a coat of oil-rubbed bronze metallic spray paint to match the hardware.

I added some accessories to the porch as well, to give it a more upscale feel and tie all the colors together. I painted an old planter with the same Rust-Oleum ORB spray paint I used for the knocker, then added some faux greenery from Hobby Lobby.

The rug is from Ross. I think I paid $12 for it.

I found an adorable plaid, wool blanket at a thrift store that had all the right colors in the porch palette.

I bought the pillow for $7 at Gabes. I gave it a good coat of Rust-Oleum NeverWet® to weatherproof it. 

I used my paint sprayer to give new life to an old porch swing left at the property. I chose a water-based solid stain in a mahogany color.

What do you think of the porch “jewelry?”