Rounds, Rounds, Everywhere are Rounds
Submitted to Community Café
I've been going through creative burnout lately, but I'm back in the saddle again! Just whipped up these three 18" rounds this past week.
My husband glued up some boards and cut them into 18" rounds. I then stained them using gel stain and paper towels (yeah, I cheap out). Once dry, I sprayed the top side with the Satin Clear to prevent bleed-through. Using Cricut's Design Space I made the stencil, cut it out, and applied to the board. Using my implements of destruction (foam brushes) I proceeded to paint the design onto the board. I let that dry overnight, and then spray both front and back of board with the Satin Clear using two coats. I add D-rings to the back for the hanger, and add either a rope or ribbon for the hanger. Using an electric staple gun I attach some faux greenery and a bow to the front of the round. Lastly, my pièce de résistance is hot gluing a burlap flower to the center of the bow. VOILA!!!
- Varathane Premium Gel Stain ~ Golden Pecan
- Rust-Oleum Chalked Ultra Matte Paint - Country Gray
- Rust-Oleum Chalked Ultra Matte Paint - Aged Gray
- Rust-Oleum Chalked Ultra Matte Paint - Charcoal
- Rust-Oleum Chalked Ultra Matte Paint - Linen White
- Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch 2X Ultra Cover ~ Satin Clear