New-Old Artichoke + A Learning Curve

Submitted to Community Chat

I've been hemming and hawing about sharing this makeover project, but decided to share and call it a learning curve.  I've had this green artichoke for several years, and it just wasn't doing it for me anymore.  I decided to change it up using two coats of Rust-Oleum 2X Paint + Primer in white to cover the green.  Now here's the learning curve:  I used a can of Rust-Oleum Metallic Paint & Primer In One in Pure Gold.  Unfortuntely, I used a can that had just a little bit of paint in it (never one to waste), after shaking it for a good minute, I proceeded to spray, and all it did was sputter and leave lots of little droplets.  I should have taken that as my cue to wipe it off, and start over.  Instead, I got a new can and continued spraying, let dry, and then did another coat.  Then I did a clear coat to seal it in.  I never noticed what the droplets did to the final product until I got it in the house in more subdued lighting.  It ended up having a crackled effect on the parts where the sputter was.  Oh well, it still is displayed on a shelf...that is above eye level...and no one is the wiser...except all of you!