Strawberry Pot Makeover

Submitted to Community Café

I finally got around to saving this strawberry pot. It was beginning to fall apart. I had some gems left over from the 'frogs' project.If your pot has been used before, a old pot such as this one, soaking the pot in half bleach and half water you need to clean the inside thouroughly. are using will clean all the spores. After It has dried completely, I started by slightly cleaning it up with a sandpaper sponge, then dusting off any particles, so I can seal it. I used Rustoleum Clear Matte seen below...there is a clearance at my local Walmart...$2.00 on a bunch of different colors of Rustoleum Paint..what a buy! I grabbed about 20 cans, it was a great buy.

After 24 hrs, the sealer was dry. I sprayed on a beautiful 'Aqua'. You can see the pot in some places were definitely ready to corrode. I had applied the sealer on the inside and the outside of the pot before and after painting it aqua.

I had all these gems already from my other project. So after 24 hrs when the aqua dried, I applied the sealer to the outside and waited a full 24 hrs for it to dry, I started adding the gems.

But when it was all dry, I couldn't wait to put plants in it. I had already decided to use succulents in this project also. Tip: Take a piece of pvc pipe, the length plus 2 inches, and drill holes up and down the sides, put a little piece of duck tape over the bottom. This is so when you stick the pipe all the way down, the dirt doesn't collect up the pipe and clog it. You push the pipe all the way down to the bottom, leaving about a inch or two on top. Water through the pipe, which with the holes the water will leach out in different levels from the holes.I added the soil for the succulents in pot. I added water to the soil.