$5 Thrift Store Chandelier Makeover

Submitted to Community Chat

Thanks to Rust-Oleum, I gave a $5 thrift store chandelier a complete farmhouse chic makeover and saved myself big money! I originally had a $300 chandelier picked out but realizing that was rediculous, I moved to Plan B. 

I found this chandelier at Habitat for Humanity. Since it was missing it's shaded, the cashier gave it to me for $5! I went home and started brainstorming. I have a love for chalk paint and really wanted a chance to try out Rust-Oleum's linen white. I picked up a quart and painted two coats onto my chandelier. I then took the lighting wire covers off and spray painted those with Rust-Oleum's oil rubbed bronze spray paint. Those took about two coats of the spray paint. 

Once my chandelier and lighting wire covers were dry, I put the chandelier back together, and generously rubbed a dark wax all over the linen white chalk paint. This is what gave my chandelier it's antique, faux wood look. I am very pleased with how it turned out and since the Rust-Oleum chalk paint is half the price of the Annie Sloan brand, I will only be using this chalk paint from now on.

You can also check this project out in more detail on my blog: http://haydenscharrer.com/5-thrift-store-chandelier-makeover/

Feel free to let me know what you think and show me your lighting makeover!