Trash to Treasure Challenge III
Trash to Treasure Challenge III
The Studio has spoken, and the winners have been selected. Congratulations and thank you to everyone who submitted a project in our third Trash to Treasure challenge!Read More
Our Trash to Treasure Challenge is back by popular demand!
This has been so successful over the past two summers that we've decided to give Creator's Studio members another shot at updating a garage sale or thrift store find and turning it into a new piece to treasure! Make sure you check out the rules below as there are a few submission categories to choose from. We can't wait to see your projects!
Welcome to the Trash to Treasure Challenge III
To encourage everyone to participate, the challenge will be broken into three submission categories: First-Timers, Experienced DIYers, and Bloggers.
In addition to earning Creator Coins, we will be offering 4 winners a $500 gift card to a home improvement center of their choice. Your votes will help choose:
- Fan Favorite
- Best First-Timer Project
- Best Experienced Member Project
- Best Blogger Project
Plus, anyone who casts a vote during our support phase will be entered to win 1 of 5 $50 gift cards to the home improvement center of their choice.
To participate, purchase an item for $20 or less at a garage sale or thrift store; look for something that you can repurpose, or that catches your eye even if you have no idea what to do with it! Then you’ll need to use your DIY skills to give your item a brand new look. Be sure to take before photos of your item, and share how you take it from trash to treasure. If you find an item you love but don’t know where to start, post a ‘before’ photo in the challenge right away. Ask the community for help, ideas, and advice for repurposing your item, and then once you’ve finished the project come back to edit your submission before the deadline.
Once the submission phase closes, Rust-Oleum experts will choose finalists and then you’ll have a chance to vote for your favorite trash to treasure projects. Projects will be judged on creativity, use of Rust-Oleum products and most dramatic transformation.
- Find an item at a garage sale or flea market for $20 or less, or find something in your home to upcycle.
- Your item must be purchased and/or transformed between July 1 – August 26, 2018. Projects completed prior to this date are not eligible.
- You must use at least one Rust-Oleum product in your project.
- Complete the Trash to Treasure III submission (click here to find out what you need to include).
- Include ‘before’ and ‘after’ photos of your project and list the Rust-Oleum products used.
- Enter your submission in the appropriate category (choose First Timer if you have never entered a Creator’s Studio challenge before and consider yourself a novice DIYer, choose Experienced DIYers if you have entered a Creator’s Studio challenge before, and choose Blogger if you have a ‘blogger’ label beside your username or if you are a blogger but have not identified yourself as one yet.)
- Only one submission per person is permitted.
To give you some transformation inspiration, make sure you look at the submissions from our previous challenges: Trash to Treasure Challenge, Trash to Treasure Challenge II.