Three projects/ideas started โ€”-This girl loves her ๐Ÿ’•primer๐Ÿ’•

Submitted to Community Chat

Starting my first 2020 projects with some sanding and priming. Love the way sanding and the priming prep options are the foundation for a sucessful and good looking project.

1-Here Ive sanded some preowned cardboard childrens books to get the shine off which will be Zinsser 123 spray primed next— as my weather may permit. I am going to make altered books, one will be for my grandson. The rest will be available as back up blanks. I probably last made these handcrafted books more 10 years ago.

2-I have a broken windchime that the top wooden disk split apart. I purchased a hardwood cutting board at the thrift store had the round cut out now priming it- before applying the American Accents ultra cover paint. Hopefully between the interior exterior indoor- outdoor primer and Ultra Cover the wood will be protected from the weather abuse for some time.

3-A less than $3 thrift store birdhouse was sanded and primed for the last project in this series. Need to think of a good design to paint. Perhaps a marimenkko type pattern?

Looking forward to seeing all the marvelous projects the Creators will be posting in 2020!

Please—Don’t forget to post them here.

Correction I am using American Accents Ultra Cover paints on the wood items after priming.