Automotive grease and fluid stained industrial cafe tables get a Rust-Oleum makeover!

Submitted to Community Chat

I loaned these two industrial tables to a relative who owns an auto repair shop. When I went to pick them up he was embarrassed because “his employees” stacked greasy auto parts on them. They were in great shape when I loaned them, but I did not complain. I just loaded them up and brought them home. I cleaned the tables with Krud Kutter just one time and look at the results! It cleaned up almost every disgusting drop of automotive grease and fluid. I think if I would have tried a second application Krud Kutter may have been all I needed. I decided to try the Rust-Oleum Countertop Coating in black on the laminated top. I had difficulty applying this product, but think it might be outdated. I purchased it last month from Ace Hardware along with a basket full of other supplies. I have since learned that some of the products were discontinued in 2019. Determined to make it work, I added some mineral spirits in hopes of thinning the product since I had already poured it onto the table top. It looked rough and uneven so I decided to add the Rust-Oleum Mocha Color Chips. It worked great and I think the table top looks fabulous! I repainted the base with Rust-Oleum High Performance Enamel in black. I will be putting the table back together tomorrow and adding a gloss coat. More updates to come! Make it a great day everyone!